Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Goddess Text by Aimee Carter


Title: The Goddess Test
Author: Aimee Carter
Pages: 293
Rating: 3/5 stars


"EVERY GIRL WHO HAS TAKEN THE TEST HAS DIED.

NOW IT'S KATE'S TURN. 

It's always been just Kate and her mom--and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear that her mother won't live past the fall.

Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld--and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.

Kate is sure he's crazy--until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds  she'll become Henry's future bride and a goddess.

IF SHE FAILS..."



I loved this book. It was one of the best that I have read in a really long time.

The Good:
I love Greek Mythology and found this to be a refreshing read. The concept was intriguing. The basis of this story is so different. I loved the characters and Kate's personality. And Kate is so badass in her own way! This book was so sweet and beautiful. It has a warm feeling accompanied with it as well as an elegance. Aimee Carter is a great writer.And Henry? Oh Henry. Tortured individuals? Aimee Carter did it right. Aimee you are a goddess!

Kate's relationship with her mother deserves a paragraph in of itself. It made my heard ache. It made me want to hold my mom. It was beautiful. It was real and it related to how I would react if I lost my mother who is like my best friend. Kate's feelings are incredible. She is so passionate and empathetic. Unforgettably how ever her feelings seem to cloud her thoughts and she can be so oblivious to things sometimes. Kate is one of the better heroines I have come across. 

And the romance. It wasn't cheesy. It was sweet and nice and friendly. It was passionate and straight forward. Kate didn't hide her feelings she came right out with it. Kate and Henry's relationship wasn't sappy. It was gentle. They seemed like friends. And Henry was a gentleman unlike the passively controlling asshole love interests that you see in teen books today. I never got how that became culturally attractive to teenage girls. 

The Bad:
Sigh. This book was so predictable. Like really really predictable. Maybe I should rate it lower for that but I can't. This book was too good.

Rate: 3 stars

Favorite Character: Kate 

No comments:

Post a Comment