Monday, February 18, 2013

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi


Title: Under the Never Sky
Author: Veronica Rossi
Pages: 384
Rating: 4/5 stars



"EXILED from her safe home in the enclosed city of Reverie, Aria finds herself in the outer wastelands known as the Death Shop. If the cannibals don’t get her, the violent energy storms will. There she meets a savage, an Outsider named Perry – wild, dangerous – who is her only chance of survival. 

But Perry needs Aria, too, and they are forced into an unlikely alliance that will determine the fate of all who live under the never sky."








You know I can't really get into this... I'm kinda confused. What is















Wow. Ohmygod. The feels. This book was AMAZING. Woah. 

At first I was unbelievably confused. I mean, WHAT IS THE UNITY? Seriously. No. This was never explained. If anyone has some foreseeable insight please feel free to message me. Hopefully it will be explained fully in the next book. (Which I delightfully ordered today!) But it is ok because the rest of the book made up for the first 40 pages of so. 

I'm going to break this up into parts. 

The Characters:
Fantastic. Perry was my favorite character and also my favorite POV. But almost every character introduced was surprisingly refreshing. They had their own spunk and pizazz. Their own voice and abilities. 

The Romance:
Okay. Let us start by stating that Perry and Aria hated each other for most of the book. Aria thought Perry was a Savage and Perry thought Aria was a useless hermit. But then they became friends and then... more. I don't want to give much away. *squeals & swoons*. Believe me, this book is totally worth it. It isn't a romance book exactly but the romance involved is swoonworthy. Perry is so broodingly badass. 

Character Development:
There was a lot of development in the characters. Perry became softer and happier. He came out of his comfort zone and learned tolerance for people who are different. And Aria transformed from a depressed twit with no survival skills into a dependent heroine who fought for herself. 

The World:
The success of a dystopian novel depends heavily on the world that is presented. And Rossi succeeded. She has such an unbelievable imagination. From the Smarteye, to the Senses, to the Crovan, to Cinder to The Blood Lords, to the Realms. Wow. Rossi you are the BOMB! I need more. More more more. I am like a book zombie who is starving. My book order cannot come fast enough. Woah buddy.

The Plot:
A+ work Ms. Rossi. You go girl! This was an action packed, gripping, thought provoking novel. I could not put it down. I read it through school. At home. While walking. When I was supposed to do my homework. As I said before I don't want to give too much away. 

The Ending:
This book's ending was a slap in the face. I am usually very good at predicting what happens but nope. No. Did not predict that one. THE FEELINGS THAT I HAVE FOR THIS BOOK I CANNOT PROCESS.



1 comment:

  1. I adored this book! I can't wait to read the second one!!!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    (New Follower!)

    ReplyDelete